Members can submit claims by choosing one of the following methods:
Fedhealth Family Room:
- Login to the Fedhealth Family Room
- Select ‘Quick Action’ from the drop-down menu and choose ‘Submit Claim’
- Enter the details of your claim and upload the relevant documents from your device
- Click on ‘Submit Claim’
- Add the number 060 070 2479 to your contacts
- Type ‘hello’ to get the conversation started and follow the very easy prompts
- You can also click on this link using your mobile phone to start using the service: https://wa.me/27600702479
- You will be asked to authenticate your identity with a unique OTP
Fedhealth Member App
- Download the app from the Google Play or Apple App stores
- Look up the status of your claims and submit claims
Sending your claims
You may also email, fax or post the claims to us.
Fax: (011) 671 3842
Postal address: Private Bag X3045
If the healthcare professional or hospital claims on your behalf:
Should your healthcare professional claim on your behalf, which will mostly be the case, you don’t need to claim as well. If the healthcare professional tells you that they haven’t been paid, you can check the status of your claims in the Fedhealth Family Room, on the Fedhealth Member App or contact us on 0860 002 153.
If you need a refund because you paid the medical expense upfront:
If the healthcare professional doesn’t claim on your behalf, or if you’ve already paid, you must send us the following:
- Proof of payment.
- The medical aid claim (the account). Make sure the account shows your membership number, the practice number, the ICD10 and procedure codes.
If we approve the claim, we’ll refund you directly into your bank account. For this reason, always make sure that we have your correct bank details. To update these, call us on 0860 002 153, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Fedhealth Family Room or Fedhealth Member App.
Note: We will only consider claims received within four months of the treatment date. We’ll process claims that we receive after four months only for tax certificate purposes.