Hospital at Home Benefit
Fedhealth’s technology-enabled Hospital at Home service, in partnership with Quro Medical, brings all the essential elements of in-patient care to a patient’s home, including real-time patient monitoring.
It’s currently available in the Eastern Cape, Western Cape and Gauteng, and will be rolled out to other areas soon.
This gives members the option to receive active treatment for a specified period at home instead of a general hospital ward, without compromising on the quality of care.
Why complete treatment/recovery at home instead of a general hospital ward?
Although hospitals have their advantages, they are not always the ideal environment for all patients. In fact, research shows that patients recover better and faster in their own homes – resulting in improved health outcomes and a more positive experience. Some patients are more vulnerable to hospital-acquired infections and developing new health complications. Therefore, they may benefit from receiving care at home.
Just some of the benefits of the Hospital at Home service:
- Faster recovery and a better healthcare experience
- Care tailored towards the member’s individual needs
- Recovery in a comfortable and familiar environment
- Fewer health complications and readmissions
- Member’s doctor can monitor their condition day and night using digital technology
- Members receive more value from their Scheme benefits
For more information, please contact Fedhealth on 0860 002 153 or visit the Quro Medical website on www.quromedical.co.za. Alternatively, contact Quro Medical on 010 141 7710.
To read more on the Hospital at Home benefit, download the full document.