The 21st century dad is no longer satisfied with a supporting role in his kids’ lives, he’s stepping up and is proud to share the load with his baby mama.
Although time is in short supply in our multitasking, digital lives, it’s all about being 100% present in the time that you do spend with your kids.
How can you tell if you’re taking your discipline techniques too far or not far enough? We've got some suggestions to help you ensure you parent positively
Social plans are just the thing to haul yourself out from under the covers! NOW is the time to think outside the box and make this winter the best one ever.
There’s no clever advice on how to avoid the charms of comfort food, but we’d like to pass on a few helpful tips to help you manage your weight during winter.
Let me guess … you’ve tried the Marie Kondo – “KonMari” method recently? You’ve decluttered you’re home and got rid of everything that did not make you feel comfortable, inspired and happy. Well done!
But what about simplifying the rest of your life? We’re all looking for small ways to make our daily lives a bit easier, less stressful, or better in some way. We get it. The to-do list never ends, no task is without complication, and of course, there’s never enough money.
So, what if the little pesky obstacles in our day-to-day lives could be made a little easier?
Here’s our top 10 countdown of amazing life hacks that will simplify your life:
- Want to make your shower more effective? Take a plastic bag and fill it with vinegar and water. Tie it to the shower head or faucet with rubber bands and allow to soak overnight. See the magic the next morning!
- Vexed with clogged drains? Here’s the trick: Run hot water down the clogged drain for a minute, then sprinkle one cup of baking soda down the drain. Slowly pour one cup of vinegar down as well. Flush one more time with boiling water. Done.
- Start a braai fire with potato chips. This is not just a tasty snack. Fat, oil and the chemicals in potato chips make them a perfect fire-starting material.
- Remove toilet bowl stains with Coca-Cola. Let it sit overnight then wash it with soapy water and flush clean.
- Keep your buttons from falling off by simply painting a bit of clear nail polish over the tread.
- Want your ice to last longer in a cooler? Sprinkle salt on the ice to keep it frozen for longer.
- Remove the smell from your shoes by placing dry teabags inside each shoe. If your shoes are wet, fill them with a mixture of rice and baking soda and leave for a few days.
- If you have a scratch on your car, apply a dab of toothpaste and gently rub it in using circular motion before wiping it away with a damp cloth.
- Shoes too tight? Stuff each shoe with wet newspaper as tightly as you can. Let the shoes dry, then remove the newspaper.
- Put a small glass of water in the microwave when you’re heating up your pizza to keep the crust from getting chewy and add the ice cream to your almost empty Nutella jar to make sure that you get every last bit!
If you were to ask Confucius if life is complicated, his reply would be, “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
So, put a few simple changes into action to simplify your life today and focus on what really matters.
Not only is it possible, but it’s also probably a lot healthier.
Source: bucktobills.com, forbes.com, thesimplifiers.com, buzzfeed.com, zenhabits.net, Brightside.me, bobvila.com
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.