Although time is in short supply in our multitasking, digital lives, it’s all about being 100% present in the time that you do spend with your kids.
How can you tell if you’re taking your discipline techniques too far or not far enough? We've got some suggestions to help you ensure you parent positively
Social plans are just the thing to haul yourself out from under the covers! NOW is the time to think outside the box and make this winter the best one ever.
There’s no clever advice on how to avoid the charms of comfort food, but we’d like to pass on a few helpful tips to help you manage your weight during winter.
The 21st century dad is no longer satisfied with a supporting role in his kids’ lives, he’s stepping up and is proud to share the load with his baby mama.
Eagerly awaited by children but often dreaded by parents… yup, the winter school holidays are upon us! We share some ideas for fun things to do at home.
What to do when your mood is falling as fast as the thermometer? We have a few scientifically proven tricks to pull you through winter.
There are certainly ways to boost your child’s immune system which will result in a healthier child and fewer days off work for you.
As humans we crave, and desperately need physical touch. Studies show that touch has a profound effect on our health.
Going vegan or vegetarian may not be a new concept, but it is certainly gaining momentum. So, what is all the fuss about? Well, a quiet revolution has been
Childhood is typically viewed as a carefree, happy time. However, recent studies show that depression can affect even very young children.
Ayurveda literally means “knowledge of life” and is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on the balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
Going off the grid isn’t an option for most of us, but we can be more intentional with technology by using it for our benefit rather than being trapped by it.
You finally have your dream team in place. You’ve hired the “rock stars” - people with stellar backgrounds and proven track records, and on paper, they are poised to contribute to take your business to the next level. And, to their credit, your team started strong.
But lately … not so much. The frustrating thing is that you know how good they can be, you’ve seen them at their best …
So, there’s good news and bad news. First, the bad news: Your team lacks motivation. The good news: This is an entirely fixable problem.
As a business owner, you need to maximize revenue and increase productivity, which means your need your staff to work as efficiently as possible. Motivation is what gets an employee through the door every morning, keeps them committed to doing great work and inspires them to continuously go above and beyond.
To get you off to a good start, we have a few expert ideas on how to motivate your employees:
- Create an awe-inspiring work environment. Motivation and mood go hand in hand. It makes sense to invest in a work environment where people actually want to spend their time. (crazy, we know!) Make sure that all equipment is well functioning and that the space is light and airy. Add a few plants and some artwork, voila!
- Feed them. Nobody works well when they’re “hangry”. Stock the office fridge with healthy snacks and drinks.
- Offer flexibility. In a Forbes study 46% of respondents said that flexibility is the most important factor when it comes to job searching. 86% of companies on Forbes’ “Best Companies to Work For” list offered some form of flexible schedule. You want to be viewed as a progressive employer, right?
- Offer a competitive benefits package, also provide financial incentives such as bonuses and stock options.
- Provide productivity tools. Provide opportunity to grow within the company, let them know there’s room for advancement by providing tuition and stimulation.
- Get their input … then apply it where possible. Let them know that you value their input.
- Recognise their contributions. Let them know how much they are valued.
- Get off their backs. Hand the project over, be available for questions, but don’t micromanage.
- Reward high performers with gift cards, days off or early release.
- Get to know your employees personally. Find out what makes them tick, that’ll clue you into what you could do to motivate and reward them.
- Be creative. Have an office full of young professionals? Organise happy hour or arrange a food truck for an unexpected lunch.
A business is only as strong as its employees. Turns out that a positive workplace is the basic element that will get your business to the top.
Whether your company is currently at the top of its game or on the way up, employee motivation remains of critical importance.
Source: selectinternational.com, insperity.com, investopedia.com, wikihow.com, thethrivingsmallbusiness.com, destinyconnect.com, businesscollective.com, entrepreneur.com, thebalance.com, forbes.com, inc.com, snacknation.com, inside.6q.io, squareup.com, weforum.org, perkbox.com, huffpost.com
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.