Although time is in short supply in our multitasking, digital lives, it’s all about being 100% present in the time that you do spend with your kids.
How can you tell if you’re taking your discipline techniques too far or not far enough? We've got some suggestions to help you ensure you parent positively
Social plans are just the thing to haul yourself out from under the covers! NOW is the time to think outside the box and make this winter the best one ever.
There’s no clever advice on how to avoid the charms of comfort food, but we’d like to pass on a few helpful tips to help you manage your weight during winter.
The 21st century dad is no longer satisfied with a supporting role in his kids’ lives, he’s stepping up and is proud to share the load with his baby mama.
Eagerly awaited by children but often dreaded by parents… yup, the winter school holidays are upon us! We share some ideas for fun things to do at home.
What to do when your mood is falling as fast as the thermometer? We have a few scientifically proven tricks to pull you through winter.
There are certainly ways to boost your child’s immune system which will result in a healthier child and fewer days off work for you.
As humans we crave, and desperately need physical touch. Studies show that touch has a profound effect on our health.
Going vegan or vegetarian may not be a new concept, but it is certainly gaining momentum. So, what is all the fuss about? Well, a quiet revolution has been
Childhood is typically viewed as a carefree, happy time. However, recent studies show that depression can affect even very young children.
Ayurveda literally means “knowledge of life” and is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on the balance between the mind, body, and spirit.
Going off the grid isn’t an option for most of us, but we can be more intentional with technology by using it for our benefit rather than being trapped by it.
Time sucks! There are just not enough hours in the day, right? As you’re reading this you probably have a laundry list of things to do (perhaps including actual laundry!) that’s piling up for a time when you have, well, time.
Thing is, life can speed by at an astonishing rate and more often than not we are living someone else’s life. We all tend to – simply because of a mile long to-do list – give the power to our bosses, spouses, or to family and friends. But who’s life are you leading? Is this it from you?
Sadly, we often put off doing the very things we know will make us happier, healthier, and more balanced. Yup, we catch ourselves thinking, “When I have more time, I’ll start working out, cooking healthy meals, search for a better job or catch up with friends.”
But, what if you could press a pause button, catch a breath, regroup, and live the way you’ve always wanted?
Here’s how to grab life by the lemons and start squeezing:
- Make balance a priority. Stop putting everyone else’s needs before your own. Set boundaries in relationships and at work. Create more space in your life to make your own goals a priority.
- Start with a super-simple morning ritual to set you up for a happy, productive day. Make this your sacred time. Meditate, write a few lines in your journal, or simply sip a cup of tea and watch the sun rise. Hey, don’t panic, it only takes 10 minutes and you’ll reap the benefits right away!
- Take baby steps. Cook one healthy meal at home this week rather than ordering in, or meet with a career counsellor if you’re contemplating a change. Taking small steps will help you to build momentum for bigger change.
- Focus on who you are. There is much that you will encounter that is not right, unjust and incorrect. Focus on who you want to be in response to these challenges.
- Run your own race. Empowerment has nothing to do with competition, it has everything to do with contribution. Don’t compare yourself to others and push pass past failures, it doesn’t define you.
- Overcome limiting beliefs by envisioning your future self. Limiting beliefs are just like speedbumps, they’ll only slow you down.
- Take action. Go after your goals without waiting to have all the answers.
- Make every day count. Do more new things. When all of your days are the same your brain doesn’t distinguish between them and Monday to Friday feels like one day. That’s how you wake up one morning and wonder where your life went.
- Give yourself some credit. Take a moment every day to recognise your many achievements. Be a little kinder to yourself.
Life can be joyous, magnificent, fulfilling, abundant, prosperous and adventurous. But, it’s on you to take initiative.
Remember, life gets better by change – not chance.
You’ve got this!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are experiencing symptoms or need health advice, please consult a healthcare professional.