For mature families
From R 2 274
Done with changing nappies? flexiFED 4 provides solid medical aid cover for more mature families whose kids are no longer toddling about. Apart from good hospital cover, it offers a MediVault and Wallet for any unexpected day-to-day medical costs, as well as a Threshold benefit once your claims have accumulated to a certain level. Keep your family healthy and well, as they journey through life.
This refers to the procedures and treatments that take place in hospital for which you enjoy cover on this option.
Get covered for 26 chronic diseases as listed on the Chronic Disease List (CDL), PLUS an additional 16.
This medical aid plan option is limited to R5 680 per beneficiary up to R11 350 – once you’ve reached the annual limits after claiming medicine for the 26 CDL conditions and the 16 additional conditions, then you have unlimited cover for diseases on the CDL only. Intermediate formulary and the Medicine Price List (MPL) apply.
This benefit includes the tests and healthcare assessments that ensure that your health is on the right track.
We want to optimise your health even more, which is why we offer extras to this hospital plan such as professional medical advice and a transport service when you need post-hospitalisation check-ups.
You pay back your MediVault over 12 months, interest-free.
- All pregnant members and dependants can join the Fedhealth Baby Programme.
- We cover four consultations with a midwife in- and out-of-hospital under our postnatal midwifery benefit.
- We cover a doula up to R1 300 per delivery.
- We cover one test with an audiologist per infant up to the Fedhealth Rate.
- You have access to the Paed-IQ advice line for all your paediatric questions.
- We cover take-home medicine for seven days per hospital event at 100% of the Medicine Price List.
- We will cover your follow-up treatment for 30 days once you get discharged from hospital, like physio, x-rays and pathology.
- You benefit from trauma treatment at a casualty ward – whether you’re admitted to the hospital or not. A R570 co-payment will apply per visit for non-PMBs (if you’re not admitted to hospital straight from casualty).
- You enjoy unlimited specialised radiology from the core benefit bundle if you get pre-authorisation from us. The first R2 200 for non-PMB MRI/CT scans will be for your account.
- Female contraception: We cover oral, patches, contraceptive rings, certain injectables and IUDs that include Mirena (prescribed by a GP or gynae, and not prescribed for acne).
Once your claims have accumulated to a pre-determined Threshold level, any further claims will be paid from the Threshold Benefit, with a 20% co-payment for your account on all claims paid from the threshold benefit except claims for network specialists.
- You’ll enjoy unlimited GP visits from R1 on this option!