For family start-ups
From R 1 565
flexiFED 2 is the perfect family hospital plan option if you’re just starting your parenting journey, with generous maternity and childhood benefits to give you extra peace of mind. Add to that access to a MediVault and Wallet for those unexpected day-to-day medical bills, and the valuable Benefit Maximiser that kicks in once your claims have reached a certain level, and you’re looking at exceptional value for money overall.
This refers to the procedures and treatments that take place in hospital which you’re covered for, under this option.
While this is a hospital plan, you’re still covered for 26 chronic diseases as listed on the Chronic Disease List (CDL).
This means unlimited cover for diseases on the CDL at a provider of your choice. Basic formulary and the Medicine Price List (MPL) apply.
This benefit includes the tests and healthcare assessments that ensure that your health is on the right track.
We want to optimise your health even more, which is why we offer extras to this hospital plan such as professional medical advice and a transport service when you need post-hospitalisation check-ups.
You pay back your MediVault over 12 months, interest-free.
- All pregnant members and dependants can join the Fedhealth Baby Programme.
- We cover four consultations with a midwife in- and out-of-hospital under our postnatal midwifery benefit.
- We cover a doula up to R1 300 per delivery.
- We cover one test with an audiologist per infant up to the Fedhealth Rate.
- You have access to the Paed-IQ advice line for all your paediatric questions.
- We cover take-home medicine for seven days per hospital event at 100% of the Medicine Price List.
- We will cover your follow-up treatment for 30 days once you get discharged from hospital, like physio, x-rays and pathology.
- You benefit from trauma treatment at a casualty ward – whether you’re admitted to the hospital or not. A R570 co-payment will apply per visit for non-PMBs (if you’re not admitted to hospital straight from casualty).
- You enjoy unlimited specialised radiology from the core benefit bundle if you get pre-authorisation from us. The first R2 200 for non-PMB MRI/CT scans will be for your account.
- Female contraception: We cover oral, patches, contraceptive rings, certain injectables and IUDs that include Mirena (prescribed by a GP or gynae, and not prescribed for acne).
Once you’ve reached the Benefit Maximiser Threshold Level you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited GP visits at nominated network GPs!
- A preventative dentistry benefit at a contracted dentist including x-rays, scaling and polishing, fillings, extractions and root canal.