In any medical emergency, it’s vital that injured people reach the most suitable care facility in the shortest possible time. This is because the care you receive in the period immediately after the incident, together with your care in hospital, will determine your survival and recovery. Europ Assistance provides a 24-hour medical advice and evacuation service to Fedhealth members, including co-ordinating emergency transport. Here's what you'll get:
- Medical advice in any emergency situation: Qualified nurses will give you telephonic advice in any emergency, meaning that you could save a life while the medical team is on its way.
- Emergency road or air response: Emergency vehicles will be dispatched immediately, manned by professional healthcare personnel and equipped with the latest equipment.
- Most appropriate facility and ambulance transfers: Initially you’ll be transferred to the nearest, most appropriate medical facility. When you’re well enough to return home or to a medical care facility closer to where you live, this will be arranged.
- Delivery of medication/blood: If medicines to treat you or your family are not available in an emergency, Care Assist will arrange for medicine or blood products to be delivered to where you are.
- Patient monitoring: Europ Assistance will monitor your condition constantly until you have been moved safely to a medical facility.
- Care for stranded minors or frail companions: Should minors or frail companions be stranded due to a medical emergency, Europ Assistance will arrange for a companion to accompany them to safety.
To read more on the Emergency Treatment benefit, download the full document.